Sunday, May 19, 2013

Comic Cover Sundays: Star Trek Fotonovels

To parody John Lennon: "Everybody's talkin' about [Star Trek, Star Trek...]

For your Sunday pleasure this morning, I present some samples of the excellent Star Trek Fotonovel series from 1977 and 1978.  It's a classic Star Trek TV episode in comic book (graphic novel actually) form.  And they are wonderful.  And they speak for themselves:











Some of the dialogue balloons remind me of those old Cracked magazine gags.



The first six I inherited from my brother.  Hence the pristine condition.  This is MY own seven year-old very beloved edition.





Apparently then did one for Star Trek II also, but it's in black and white.
It only ran for 12 issues, so why no pictures of 8, 9, 10 & 11.  Well, I don't have them yet.  I hear they make great birthday presents though.

Now, as Lee likes to say, "Go out and enjoy your Sunday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment