Saturday, May 01, 2010

Don't Forget! Today is Free Comic Book Day!


I can't believe it's here already. I mean it really snuck up on me this year. It doesn't help that FCBD is usually the day after a major comic book movie release and Iron Man 2 comes out next week. Still the stores are ready for you. It's a great day to bring the kids or that friend who only knows comics from the movies.

Some stores have limits on how many free comics you can grab (these books aren't free for them you know). So, I've compiled a short list of books I definitely want to get.

Of course, my number one pick is going to be Owly. He only gets a few pages of the issue now, but it's always great. I encountered Owly at FCBD 2005 for the first time. I didn't want "waste" my free issue on this "kiddie" book, so I talked my daughter into getting it. We both LOVED it!


Love and Capes is a great comic. The first IDW trade was really well done -- I think the paper is even better than the floppies. The second trade is due out this summer and this issue begins the next chapter of the series.


Al Williamson's Secret Agent Corrigan -- Wow! This is a no brainer for me (and I've never even read this series) as I love Williamson's work! Hopefully, this means there will be a collected edition in the future sometime.


I've been enjoying the Mouse Guard HC's from the library with my kids. This should be a beautiful book and it's all-new too.


This book is worth picking up for the cover alone.


With my rekindled love for Archie comics this should be fun.


This book picks up where the old Marvel series left off. If only Herb Trimpe were drawing it!

Even if none of these "tickle your fancy", there's bound to be something out there you'll like. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Special scheduling note: Next week my post will be on Sunday, which is Mother's Day. Thanks to Thomm who was gracious enough to switch with me.

4 comments:

  1. Sadly I had to miss FCBD because of my last archaeology field day. Luckily Jim usually sends the cool ones my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be out of luck. I didn't see Jim pick up much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I got War of Superman and Mouse Guard, the rest I'm sure I can get later if I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mostly wanted Mouse Guard anyway :)

    ReplyDelete