Saturday, August 01, 2009

A Fistful of Reviews


Supergirl #43 (DC)


The cover is really soothing somehow. It just seems so peaceful. That aside the issue itself was fairly well done. While I can understand Kara's decision to join her mother's guild in order to better understand Alura I'm not sure I agree with it. Seeing how Kryptonian guilds dominate so much of your life it seems like a poor reason to join a guild. It would have made more sense for Kara to join the guild that she saw herself fitting in the most. Ah well, it'll be interesting to see where this goes.




Gotham Cith Sirens #2 (DC)


I'm still unsure as to whether or not I like this book. The art is still a bit strange to me. I would think DC would have tried to find an artist who draws women more proportionately for a book with female leads. Art aside the story is interesting enough to make me want to read the next issue and see where all this is headed. Oh, and someone needs to kill Hush already.




Legion of Three Worlds #5 (DC)


I've really gotten a lot of enjoyment out of this miniseires. I'm glad Conner and Bart are back. I'm glad that all the Legions I've read about are still out there for future stories. Mysa sacrificing herself (sortof?) to defeat Mordru was impressive. I am intrigued by the Black Witch as well as many other plots that have been set in motion by this series. Geoff Johns has done some good work with the Legion and I hope he revisits them again one day.




Invincible #64 (Image)


I'm really really glad that Eve is alive. I am more interested in reading about the aftermath of this battle than I was in reading the actual battle though. I guess I'm not big into gore.




Farscape Gone and Back #1 (BOOM!)


I've been having fun with the Farscape books. I'm not so sure about this issue though. Why an alternate universe is somewhat interesting I'm not sure why John has the need to interfere with that universe's Aeryn. I mean, what - he saves he from the Peacekeepers into a world where the man she would have fallen for is already married with a kid? Soesn't seem like a very nice thing to do.





Atomic Robo vol 3 #3 (Red5)


Atomic Robo is almost always a fun and funny book. I've been enjoying the more consistent storyline in this volume as far as all the time periods playing into the overall plot. I'm looking forward to seeing where Robo's latest plan takes him.

No comments:

Post a Comment